CJD is a disease caused by a misfolding protein, called a prion. (PREE-on) Prion diseases are a group of rare and fatal brain diseases which occur in both humans and animals. In humans, it is known as CJD. Cows get BSE, which stands for bovine spongiform encephalopathy. Deer and elk contract CWD, or chronic wasting disease. There is no cure or clinical diagnosis for CJD. There is no cure for any of the diseases in the prion family.

Friday, June 15, 2007

If You Are Going To The CJD Family Conference

If you are going to the CJD Family Conference and interested in helping me get info about it back to the masses, please e-mail me. (Hotwords AT mac dot com).

I'm looking for people to interview about their experience at the family conference, what you learned there, who you met, etc. You can be my correspondent and I'll be making a podcast out of all the audio...if I get some participation. So if you are interested, let me know. I can't make it to the conference this year, but I would still like to support it and be there "in spirit."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you have an e-mail on this blog? i am so new to this but would like to talk to you about E200k mutatation running in my husband's family.

6/25/2009 12:47 PM

 
Blogger Heather Larson said...

I do. It is hotwords [at] me [dot] com. I have also moved this blog to:

http://curecjd.wordpress.com/

I'd be happy to talk about E200k.

Thanks,

Heather Larson

6/25/2009 2:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning!!! cjdtalk.blogspot.com is one of the most outstanding informational websites of its kind. I enjoy reading it every day. All the best.

12/30/2009 10:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

1/04/2010 1:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home