CJD is a disease caused by a misfolding protein, called a prion. (PREE-on) Prion diseases are a group of rare and fatal brain diseases which occur in both humans and animals. In humans, it is known as CJD. Cows get BSE, which stands for bovine spongiform encephalopathy. Deer and elk contract CWD, or chronic wasting disease. There is no cure or clinical diagnosis for CJD. There is no cure for any of the diseases in the prion family.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

I am definitely NOT attending the conference next month

The Bad News:

It's going to be too much of a financial burden to attend the conference next month for me, especially with Boston University's expensive tuition due. (More on that in another blog, but it's impossible to get much finaid in my program so it's all out of pocket). I seemingly can't stray far from the chiropractor these days either, which is also another story which some of you may know.

The Good News:

I don't really feel I have to attend the conference in order to make a difference. Though I'd really love to meet everyone in person, especially more E200K people, and fCJD families in general. I'm going to continue doing my thing from Phoenix for this year...and will again try for next year's family conference.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home