CJD is a disease caused by a misfolding protein, called a prion. (PREE-on) Prion diseases are a group of rare and fatal brain diseases which occur in both humans and animals. In humans, it is known as CJD. Cows get BSE, which stands for bovine spongiform encephalopathy. Deer and elk contract CWD, or chronic wasting disease. There is no cure or clinical diagnosis for CJD. There is no cure for any of the diseases in the prion family.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Will I Make The CJD Family Conference?

This one is still up in the air. There are a few question marks circling my head right now and as soon as they are answered, I will know if I am able to make the CJD Family Conference in July. It's just a month and a half away!

Get More Info on the CJD Family Conference

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really hope you will, Heather.
This year I've made up my mind and handled things: I'll join the conference.

Angela, Rome, Italy

5/15/2007 6:02 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Angela.

Whilst I will not be going to this years DC Conference, I have been to the last four and will return again next year.

I can highly recommend these Conferences for many many reasons.

Most importantly, for family members "interested" in CJD, the CJD Foundation Annual Family Conference is THE one to consider attending.

Be prepared for two - three days intense focus. One of the best sections we have found is allowing plenty time for the families to fully integrate with the researchers/speakers.

I don't believe we've ever had anyone based in Italy attending before so it will be great to have you along.

Best,

Graham, Glasgow, Scotland

5/17/2007 11:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home