CJD is a disease caused by a misfolding protein, called a prion. (PREE-on) Prion diseases are a group of rare and fatal brain diseases which occur in both humans and animals. In humans, it is known as CJD. Cows get BSE, which stands for bovine spongiform encephalopathy. Deer and elk contract CWD, or chronic wasting disease. There is no cure or clinical diagnosis for CJD. There is no cure for any of the diseases in the prion family.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Ouch. Over A Month Since My Last Post.

Ok, I do have big ideas for the blog backing up until I get some free time. That will likely get worked on during my Boston University summer break, which cannot come soon enough! So bear with me, more is to come, I promise.

I got my invite to the CJD Foundation Family Conference in July. I swear, this year I have to make it out there. Even if I'm in school because that's the meaning of attending college online.

I almost have a better excuse for not posting -- my weekend car accident. I was very lucky; after blowing out a tire going 65 mph on the 101 in the fast lane, I ended up with mere scratches. I'm also keeping my chiropractor's office and insurance company quite busy, not to mention anyone I know with a connection to cars I may want to think about purchasing. The car, a 1999 Ford Mustang, is a total loss.

Watch this spot for more news on my future car. More importantly, watch for more info about CJD soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home