CJD is a disease caused by a misfolding protein, called a prion. (PREE-on) Prion diseases are a group of rare and fatal brain diseases which occur in both humans and animals. In humans, it is known as CJD. Cows get BSE, which stands for bovine spongiform encephalopathy. Deer and elk contract CWD, or chronic wasting disease. There is no cure or clinical diagnosis for CJD. There is no cure for any of the diseases in the prion family.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Coming soon -- the first CJDTalk Podcast

I am right now working on the inaugural CJD Talk podcast! The first one will contain the interview I did on KPFT in Houston with Shirley Wilkes-Johnson on Go Vegan Texas. If there's something you want to hear about on the podcast, please let me know. If you're in DC and want to record something for the podcast, you can send me an audio file and I'll put it in the podcast. You can do the same even if you're not in DC, come to think of it. The podcast is for us, the CJD Families all over the world, so I want to make sure it serves everyone the best it can. Please send your suggestions/stories/tips/audio files to heatlarson AT yahoo.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home