CJD is a disease caused by a misfolding protein, called a prion. (PREE-on) Prion diseases are a group of rare and fatal brain diseases which occur in both humans and animals. In humans, it is known as CJD. Cows get BSE, which stands for bovine spongiform encephalopathy. Deer and elk contract CWD, or chronic wasting disease. There is no cure or clinical diagnosis for CJD. There is no cure for any of the diseases in the prion family.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I will not be in DC this week

I am not traveling to DC this week for the CJD Family Conference. I'm staying in Phoenix because I'm only working part time right now, so a trip to DC is out of the question. I'm a bit sad I'm missing the conference because I really wanted to go this year to meet everyone, especially since people are traveling from so far away! Next year, I promise I'll make it out there somehow.

If you are going to the conference, feel free to send me updates for the blog! Send e-mail to heatlarsonATyahoo.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home