CJD is a disease caused by a misfolding protein, called a prion. (PREE-on) Prion diseases are a group of rare and fatal brain diseases which occur in both humans and animals. In humans, it is known as CJD. Cows get BSE, which stands for bovine spongiform encephalopathy. Deer and elk contract CWD, or chronic wasting disease. There is no cure or clinical diagnosis for CJD. There is no cure for any of the diseases in the prion family.

Monday, April 24, 2006

This Site Makes No Money

There will be no Google AdSense, banners, mall links etc. on this blog because I am doing this blog as a public service to other people like me who have lost a loved one to CJD. I am here to simply network and exchange information with anyone interested in prion diseases. That includes CJD families, doctors, nurses, funeral homes, cattle ranchers, politicians, the news media, educators, and researchers.

You can reach me at heatlarson@yahoo.com with questions, complaints, comments and suggestions.

The other plan I have for this site is to post all original content. You may repost it with my permission. It is perfectly acceptable for you to link to my site as well. Check back frequently for updates!

Thanks,

Heather Larson
Phoenix, Arizona

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape