CJD is a disease caused by a misfolding protein, called a prion. (PREE-on) Prion diseases are a group of rare and fatal brain diseases which occur in both humans and animals. In humans, it is known as CJD. Cows get BSE, which stands for bovine spongiform encephalopathy. Deer and elk contract CWD, or chronic wasting disease. There is no cure or clinical diagnosis for CJD. There is no cure for any of the diseases in the prion family.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Center for Consumer Freedom Is Lying

Now the AdSense has placed an ad for the Center for Consumer Freedom on my page. This website is about the worst meat p.r. out there! I am having a little too much fun with the Google AdSense today, as you can tell. I'll turn off the content matching tomorrow with some help from my guru, but I can't figure it out today. Until then, I guess here's another opportunity for me to educate. The Center for Consumer Freedom is all public relations. Don't believe a word of it!

Here's a link to the REAL center for consumer freedom, the Center for Media and Democracy:

http://www.prwatch.org/taxonomy/term/107/9

Do beef companies really pay for advertising to promote their products regardless of what they will do for your health? Are you kidding me? Of course they do!

Actually, Mad Cow USA is one of the best books out there. Sheldon Rampton and John Stauber really did a lot of work to get you the truth.