CJD is a disease caused by a misfolding protein, called a prion. (PREE-on) Prion diseases are a group of rare and fatal brain diseases which occur in both humans and animals. In humans, it is known as CJD. Cows get BSE, which stands for bovine spongiform encephalopathy. Deer and elk contract CWD, or chronic wasting disease. There is no cure or clinical diagnosis for CJD. There is no cure for any of the diseases in the prion family.

Monday, April 17, 2006

My license plate


This is how I drive around Arizona, with my CURE CJD plates. I have to get the message across somewhow, and in every way I can possibly think of. If you have a CJD plate, llicense plate frame, t-shirt or bumper sticker, please take a photo and send it to me! I'll post a photo of how you are taking the CURE CJD message to the streets and will also tell you story. You can e-mail it to heatlarson@yahoo.com.