CJD is a disease caused by a misfolding protein, called a prion. (PREE-on) Prion diseases are a group of rare and fatal brain diseases which occur in both humans and animals. In humans, it is known as CJD. Cows get BSE, which stands for bovine spongiform encephalopathy. Deer and elk contract CWD, or chronic wasting disease. There is no cure or clinical diagnosis for CJD. There is no cure for any of the diseases in the prion family.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Irony

I guess you can take it as an April Fool's joke, but yes, I am aware that my Google AdSense has placed an ad for steaks on my page. Even I can appreciate the irony in that and have a laugh. Just make sure you're going to enjoy safe steak, like safe sex. Know where your meat came from, where it has been, what it was fed in its lifetime...etc. Make sure your steak is at least grass-fed if not organic! Hey, as long as I'm going to advertise steaks, I might as well do it right and give the disclaimer! Beef: eat at your own risk! By the way, I am a vegan. That's how much steak I eat--NONE!