CJD is a disease caused by a misfolding protein, called a prion. (PREE-on) Prion diseases are a group of rare and fatal brain diseases which occur in both humans and animals. In humans, it is known as CJD. Cows get BSE, which stands for bovine spongiform encephalopathy. Deer and elk contract CWD, or chronic wasting disease. There is no cure or clinical diagnosis for CJD. There is no cure for any of the diseases in the prion family.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

New Support Group

I've begun a new support group online at My Space. I know, I have a support group with CJD Voice. It did take me two months after my mom died to find it and only after copious amounts of Internet searches. So I'm starting this group on My Space. I'm thinking maybe this will attract some younger people, since we all know My Space skews pretty young. It is my goal that we all can find each other, network and share information so that we can all keep discovering how far-reaching CJD really is.

http://groups.myspace.com/CJDSupport