CJD is a disease caused by a misfolding protein, called a prion. (PREE-on) Prion diseases are a group of rare and fatal brain diseases which occur in both humans and animals. In humans, it is known as CJD. Cows get BSE, which stands for bovine spongiform encephalopathy. Deer and elk contract CWD, or chronic wasting disease. There is no cure or clinical diagnosis for CJD. There is no cure for any of the diseases in the prion family.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Open Letter to Jeff Abrahamson

Dear Jeff,

Not sure who died and made you the king of editing the Wikepedia entry for CJD, especially since this is obviously not even your area of expertise. Why are you so interested in prion science? Who did you lose to CJD? You do computer science...so why are you interested enough in CJD to delete my blog link daily from the external links?

My blog is not "misleading" as you say. I put it up there because it is my hope that people who are dealing with a CJD diagnosis in their family will find my blog and therefore will find others like us to commincate with. It is completely relevent to the Wikipedia CJD entry...especially since you don't take down the Mad Cowering blog off of one of the other prion science pages. That's a decent blog too, though it is just reprints, basically.

So stop taking down my link. You do know how algorithms work. And seeing as I don't want to piss off the Google algorithm by getting banned, please stop taking down my link. You might be preventing a CJD family from finding support, information and networking. You may be all into the science aspect, and that's great. I encourage that. But I have to deal with the human side of this disease for the rest of my life. (My family is E200K, 129M...since you're so smart, figure that out). Please help make it easier for CJD families to find each other; quit taking my link down.

Thanks,

Heather



purple network