CJD is a disease caused by a misfolding protein, called a prion. (PREE-on) Prion diseases are a group of rare and fatal brain diseases which occur in both humans and animals. In humans, it is known as CJD. Cows get BSE, which stands for bovine spongiform encephalopathy. Deer and elk contract CWD, or chronic wasting disease. There is no cure or clinical diagnosis for CJD. There is no cure for any of the diseases in the prion family.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

The first CJD Talk podcast is online

I have just uploaded the first CJD Talk podcast for your listening pleasure. Check it out here. This inaugural podcast features a little bit about my story and what I hope to accomplish with the blog and the podcast. I also talk about the current cutback in BSE testing by the USDA and have included an interview I did on KPFT Galveston’s “Go Vegan Texas,” which aired on Monday, June 12, 2006.

Please share your podcast ideas with me by e-mail at: hotwords AT dot com. If you would like me to discuss something about CJD, please let me know. I also urge you to e-mail me any story you would like included in the podcast. E-mail me your stories about how CJD has impacted your life and I will share them on the podcast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home